Friday, January 14, 2011

Response Post

I agree and disagree with Jessica's response post about Oakland.
   Seriously, Oakland residents aren’t really into killing however the only reason that people are doing violence is because they are poor and need money to live a life. Everywhere in this world have violence and is dangerous. Oakland had been referred to that it was ranked as the number 3 or 4 most dangerous city in the US or something, however they should realize that there are still rich people who live in Oakland like in the Oakland hills. When I think about Oakland, I think about the word diversity because our communities are always diverse which is something that I really like about Oakland. Whenever my parents ask me if we should move out of Oakland, I would always give them a NO! 
First off, I agree that Oakland residents only kill because they need money, because most of the killings heard on the news are from killing a guy because the guy wouldn't give up his cash or drive-by. I also agree that this world is dangerous everywhere and just because Oakland is ranked in the top 30 or something as a dangerous city dosen't mean that there isn't any other danger around. Because there are so many people on the world and so many gangs, mafia, etc. the world is not a safe place. There is danger everywhere.
The thing that I don't disagree with this or not understand is the part about "dangerous city" and "rich people in Oakland." There are rich people in Oakland and in the Oakland hills, but that doesn't really make the hills a safe place. In fact all the trees and stuff cover the sunlight every night making it even easier for murder or silent killing.
Plus there are snakes and goats.... and deer.
In my opinion East Oakland can be really peaceful in the day and night. In the day everyone is either gone to school or work so that's pretty safe. In the night as long as you lock your doors and like lock your cars then no one will really bother to smash your car if you left it out in the street or in your open parking lot. An car in the open is like telling everyone there's nothing important in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment