Saturday, September 18, 2010

Forgetting

     It all started on a fine Friday morning. I woke up drowsy, light headed, and extremely tired at 7:00 clock. At 7:02, I went to do the usual.After i brushed my teeth and washed my face, I started to eat a bowl of cereal on the kitchen table. At 7:30, my mom drove me too school and we arrived at 7:55. Little did i know that i had forgotten an important device.
     That's when it began, a quiet after school afternoon. I had forgotten to bring my phone and i didn't remember any of my family's number. My mom seemed to have forgotten to pick me up as well. It was a long crucial wait. I waited and waited. Time seemed to have lost all meaning, Seconds became minutes, and minutes became hours. The sun kept leaving the sky and the moon showed up after every dawn. My eyes rolled up and down, right and left, and my beard grew longer every second. Then it came. The time where everything didn't even make sense anymore. Cars flew in the air, birds drove around the road, and humans oh humans slithered on the ground like a snake struggling out of cast off skin.Suddenly a car appeared in front of me and beeped in my face. Everything returned back to normal. The cars were on the round parked into a space. Geese flew in the sky--- BEEP! Suddenly my mom's car appeared in front of me and beeped in my face. I got in and didn't even want to think if this was a dream. Sure enough this was reality. It was 3: 24, 14 minutes after i got out of school. My mom drove me home and left me with a key to open the doors. I walked up the each step and inserted the key into the door's keyhole. It didn't budge. I turned the key back and forth waiting for an opening sound but none came. Dashing down the steps i yelled for my mom's car just turned away from the street. I reached for my phone and then i realized, i had forgotten to bring my phone.


2 comments:

  1. That's really good. :) I loved the imagery and your use of a simile when comparing humans to a snake. Very intriguing. Write more like this!!! I want to read more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thnx! i wrote it in a hurry and i just realized i have alot of grammar mistakes ><

    ReplyDelete