Saturday, September 18, 2010

Response Post

I found this inspirational quote on Luis's blog:
I think of it as more of coloring or decorating the city. Most of the property being painted is not even being used. I agree that urban art should not be done on important places such as religious places, cemeteries, and so on.  In urban art, there are some rules.  Some rules are like: no tagging on churches or places of worship; no tagging cars or houses; no going over someone who is a lot better than you unless its beef; do not tag your personal property (except of course black books and such); no tagging over murals or memorials; and do not tag on schools. 
First off I totally agree about what Luis has said. I think that murals is an art, and it is very much important to have. I have total respect for the writers who risk their lives do make murals and i think that they should be protected instead of killed. In my opinion murals are what keeps everything interesting. For example when i see a good mural legally on a wall of a building   find it incredibly interesting and my eyes are glued to the graffiti.
But one thing i cant agree legal tagging is the tagging of trucks. There are some really plain white trucks out there in Chinatown and every time i see one i go "bleh." White trucks should have some mural done on it so that it'll look interesting! I agree with Luis that the truck shouldn't be tagged with profanity or something inappropriate like nudity, but if its interesting and legal i think that this illegal part of tagging should be legal.
I have a friend whos dad owns a truck, and his truck is engulfed in a mural. The entire truck front, back, top, and some of the bottom has part of the mural on it.  Every time i go to his house, i stare at the truck for at least half of the time i spend there.
Sorry i entered these late my internet was jacked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment