Tuesday, September 28, 2010

QWFWQ

QWFWQ
Q is an organism who really makes you tick. In Calvino’s stories, “The Dinosaur,” and “The Aquatic Uncle,” Q is a character who has an annoying personality. Q always acts like he doesn't care about who he is and what he does, even though he tries so hard to find to find himself. Q has what I like to call an unexplainable type of control over his head. He always let’s his filled up mind wander into paranoid conclusion and that’s what messes up his game. Q has no guts to face the truth. IN both story something goes wrong for Q and he just lets it past.Q’s character will never find his “happiness.”
Before Q is introduced in the story, he is a dinosaur who left his own kind to hide in a mountain. During the great mirgration, Q leaves to find his place in the world  He travels over dozens of different terrains: deserts, mountains, forests, and finds no sign of any remaining dinosaurs. He then gets spotted by “New Ones,” and after adopting their style he befriends them. During the time Q lives with the “New Ones’ he struggles to keep his identity a secret. For example in the quote, “The one of the observers yelled: “Give it to him Dinosaur!” No sooner had they unmasked me than I became again the Dinosaur of the old days: since all was lost, I might as well make them feel their ancient terror, And i struck Zahn once, twice, three times...” From this quote i could tell that in Q’s head is the everlasting feeling of paranoia. This emotion makes him so vulnerable to the events that happen in the story. This is also what makes Q such an annoying character. His paranoia affects the story in a such a way that gives it a sad ending. A tearjerker really.
Q mentions in both stories that he lived for a long time. In the “Aquatic Uncle,” Q is a fish who evolved into a lizard-ish organism by crossing from sea to land. In the “The Dinosaurs,” Q is dinosaur who is about fifty million years old. I noticed that in both endings that Q moves on because he is different. According to the post in Aquatic Uncle, “They all had something, I know, that made them somehow superior to me, sublime, something that made me, compared to them, mediocre. And yet I wouldn’t have traded places with any of them,” Q is fine with they way he is. In my opinion, Q isn’t fine with what he is. If i were to pu myself as Q, a gutless, paranoid creature, I would not be happy with myself. I would want to change not to be superior (even though that is the natural feeling), but to be someone. I think that Q understands that he is someone, bu he still gives up and moves on. This makes Q a sad creature hiding his feelings through the layers of emotions in his head.
Qfwq really ticks me off. In both stories Q always moves on because something goes wrong and he didn’t want to deal with it. He always thinks that it is ok and he shouldn't be where he is even when everyone is counting on him. For example in the quote: “I wanted nothing to do with either; let them rip each other apart in turn!” Qfwfq has no guts. He never stands up for his “people.” This quote shows that even when he is trying to adapt and befriend the “New Ones,” he betrays them just because he doesn't want to be in trouble. He acts like he wants to run away even when he tries so hard not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment