Friday, October 8, 2010

Repsonse Post

I found this interesting quote of Devin's blog:
 I always finish my essays last because I feel like procrastinating on those devils. I did that back in middle school. If you read the study guide essays I did over the summer, you will find them not very impressive. Another thing is that my hand writing is sort of messy. The page becomes gray because the words are smudged. Letters are stuck together and everything looks out of place.
I can totally relate with what Devin is saying about his ideals procrastination. In my own experience, when i do my homework, i procrastinate until the last 2 hours before i go to sleep. Even when it comes down to a really important project like the lab report for Higashi's class, I did most of it before i went to bed and woke up to finish it in the morning. Procrastination is seriously a scary thing. But why do we procrastinate? Is it because we don't want to do what we are suppose to, or is it because it feels good?
I think everyone has his or her own different reason to procrastinate. For me, it's cause i don't do what i'm suppose to unless i feel the pressure build up on me. When i don't do my assignments under pressure, my mind is blank (unless it's algebra cuz you barely need to think when you following an equation). On the other hand, when i am under pressure idea zip up in my head one by one telling me step by step everything i need to do, and that's when i feel like i do my best. Every thing goes with the flow: sometimes when i'm typing an essay, my fingers are like on a marathon run, never stopping, until i'm empty.
Although it sounds kind of impressive, it's really a pain in the head to keep up with. It feels like something extremely huge and heavy (like a sumo wrestler!!) is on top of me and the only way to keep it from squishing me is to think. Think!!, until the pressure evaporates suddenly in the air.      
Mhmmm it's a pain, hopes i can change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment